Sunday, January 22, 2017

December 12, 2016

Mirëmbrëma

Hahahahaha!!!! Dangit! So there's this guy that we always see around Durres and he doesn't have any teeth, and he always has a cigarette, and we always run into him in some of the weirdest places! That one time we were searching for building 696, he just liked emerged out of the shadows, and he was like, "Mirëmbrëma!" Hahaha! Dang, I wish I could tell these stories in person, because this doesn't even seem funny now. I promise it's funny!

E Hënë- We had a stinking awesome FHE at the house of a half-less-active/half-active family! It was awesome! We had a lesson, played Uno, I got trashed, and we ate a tort, which is like a cake, but it doesn't taste good. I'm getting chubby. It's official. I remember the first week here when I ate, I used to almost not be able to handle the whole meal, but now I have room still after the meal! I've got a little bit more love on my love handles now. A little more top on the top of the muffin if ya know what I mean. But I'm still gonna beat you in the face, Daniel and Conrad! Also, Elder Jaunay for some reason hasn't had as much room in his stomach lately, and at that FHE, he was having a rough time with the tort, and he actually dropped his fork on accident on their carpet twice, and then he dropped his cake on their little coffee table, and we just about died laughing. Oh man. I'm still laughing.

E Martë- Oh boy. So tuesday was sweet. We had a lesson with the landlord of our little appartment building and gave them a book of Mormon! Ha how sweet is that! we'll keep in touch with them. I hope they will read it! Also, we're teaching the Albanian weight-lifting champion right now! Haha! He called one day and asked about English Course, and then he came a little early while we teaching Aden, and we tried to give Aden a baptismal date, but he said he wasn't sure about it still. Martin (weight lifter) was saying a bunch of great stuff about Christ, so we asked him if he would follow the Savior and be baptized, and he accepted! Ha! It was like within 10 minutes of meeting him! Maybe 15. Haha, but yeah! He's super cool, and we've been teaching him this week. Also, we taught Sindi that night, the recent convert that Elder Jaunay baptized, and it was a rough night for her. She said, "My family is destroying my faith." Her family situation is pretty rough. I was looking at the pictures you guys sent me last week with Conrad, Katie, Dan in the car, mom and dad, and Gehrig and Lauren, and I didn't understand why and how we are so blessed. Every single member of our family, is active, and loves the Savior. It just doesn't make sense. I don't know if we did something in the Pre-mortal existence to deserve this, but as I pondered and looked at all of you, I felt such an obligation to do something. I would invite you all to consider our blessings we have, and think about what you can do, how you can teach others because of our bounty of blessings.

E Merkurë- We had a lesson with a family we found while we searching for building 696! It was great! They're awesome, and we'll be working with them some more this week. Also, we taught Llashku, this 81-year old guy!

E Enjtë- Speaking of Llashku, he's pretty hard of hearing. And he loves talking, like most Shqiptar do. It's so stinkin' hard to understand him, and we were teaching the Restoration, and I asked him something about prophets, and he starts going on about his work at the police station, and something, and I asked him nicely, "Does this have something to do with what we were talking about?" And he didn't really understand, and just kept going on, and I just lost it, and started laughing, and I couldn't contain myself. Dang. I was trying to stop, but I was like crying, because I was laughing so hard!

E Premtë/E Shtunë/E Dielë- We got our transfer calls! I'll be staying in Durres for another transfer, and Elder Cox from England will come and replace Elder Zhonej! Elder Zhonej will serve in Kosovo! I was pretty nervous when I got the news, but as I was praying yesterday, IO remembered that the Savior did not always want to suffer, but He did it anyway. I know I can do this, and that I'll come to know my Savior so much better this transfer. Also, my momma taught me that "I can do hard things," so I know I can serve here. Also, I'm district leader! Ah!

Anyways, I love you all a lot! Oh crud, what time do you want to Skype on Christmas? Love you!

Elder Shnajdër

No comments:

Post a Comment