Sunday, January 22, 2017

January 16, 2016

Tiku!

Mirëmbrëma familja ime! This week was a good one, but tough! The work has been a little bit sparce recently, but I'm trying hard to learn still and to do what I can to hasten the work!

Monday: We met with Motra Xheka, who has two girls under the age of 5 and her husband works in Germany, and taught a lesson about temples, and gave her a picture of the rome temple, since that will be the closest one for Albanians when it's finished!

Tuesday: We started English Course again and found some awesome people! Tomis and Aleks seemed real sincere and were asking good questions about the Plan of Salvation. Also, Mateu, a recent convert showed up at the institute center one day because he didn't have school, and just wanted to be taught! That is the hand of the Lord. We have wanted to meet with him for a while, but we didn't have success before, and he just came! It was cool. He's a good kid.

Wednesday: We met with a person that we contacted out of our Area book named Bledi, and had a lesson! He's a crane driver!

Thursday: We met another cool guy at English Course named Shikim Moshallari, and he's intermediate with English right now. I got to teach him English one on one, and it was cool! A lot of members have been found through English course, so I've got high hopes for these people we met. We also had another lesson with the Farrici's, and they're awesome. I feel like I have a good relationship with the Dad in their family :)

Friday: We met up with Festim again! Woot! He's had work, and hasn't been able to come to church for nearly a month, but he's quitting Tuesday. It's incredible. He has no fallback, his wife is pregnant, and they're living with his dad, but he's still quitting so he can find better work. Festim's faith is so incredible.

Saturday: I felt like this: (I sent this to my mission President) This week has been good! I've felt a little bit down though. I've been reflecting on my time here in Durres and what I have accomplished. I did not baptize anyone, which troubled me a bit. The ward in Durres has lessened in church attendance while I've been here also. I know it wasn't because of me, but I still was troubled that the ward activity hasn't been strengthened while I've been here. Right now we have 1 investigator with a baptismal date, and our teaching pool is a little bit sparce. I'm troubled because I can't tell if these problems are a result of anything I have done or not done. This morning, however, as I was reflecting, I felt in my heart that I have given almost all my heart, might, mind, and strength. There have been times that I haven't been completely focused, but I have given this work my all in these past 4 months. I also have grown to love the Savior more, and understood more about my purpose to teach repentance and baptize converts. I know this work is the Lord's work, and I know that He directs His work. I know that all things are in the Lord's timing. I want to learn the lessons the Lord wants me to learn, and regardless if I see the fruits of my work, I will stay faithful to the Lord, my Savior, Jesus Christ. Occasionally, I feel that I could do something different to work more effectively, I just don't know what that thing is! Do you have any counsel for this President?

The work here is hard, but I'm trying. Do you all have any counsel?

Sunday: I met with this kid named Arian, who totally has been prepared to receive the gospel. He loves the church, and has a heart of gold, and told me that on Sunday he was in Tirane, which is about 35 minutes from Durres, and he got up in the morning and thought, "It's Sunday. You should go to church." So he asked his Aunt to drive him to Durres, and he came! He said himself that God has changed his heart. This kid is amazing. I hope his parents will let him be baptized.

Grandma, I heard you're a little bit sick! I want you to know that I'll be praying for you in every prayer. I love you so much, and miss you a lot. I can feel the influence that your example has had in my life. Love you so much, Grandma!

Daniel, what the heck happened to your hand!?

Conrad, How's your internship? Thank you for your advice!

Jessie, Thanks for those pictures! Whatcha doing now? Where are you?

Momma, Thank you for always emailing me! I look forward to it each week :) I love you so much!

Daddoo, Thanks for your funny emails last week! I'll be praying for you and mom this week!

Claire, I'm so excited for your mission! Thank you for your incredible example and leadership for me :)

Gehrig, You're a dunce stool.

Casey: You're a dunce hat.

Ammon: You're a stud.

Dillon: You're yll fare.

Love you all!

Elder Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment