Sunday, January 22, 2017

December 26, 2016

Pashë një Gomar Sot... (Put that into google translate)

Oh, my family! Holy cow. That was the best present ever yesterday. I have missed your sense of humor SO MUCH!! I didn't even realize until yesterday, but dang. Those were the best 49 minutes I've had in a while! It had just the right amount of tears, and dang I laughed a lot. I love you all so much. I'm pumped to see you and talk to you all again, which will probably be Conrad's wedding! I bet President will let me Skype in for your wedding! When are you planning that anyway? Oh man, that was soooooooo fun yesterday! Wow. I love you all so much :)

I was thinking earlier this week about the song, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." Serving my mission, I feel more like a disciple of Christ, and I thought about how I'm literally doing the Lord's work. I thought about how it must have been for the apostles of the Savior during his mortal ministry. They walked with the Savior, taught people with the Savior, and I'm sure were watching his every move learning from Him every single second, and being strictly obedient, being patient, doing their very best to exercise Charity, forgiving others, and seeking to please their Savior. I hadn't thought about all of this before, but now, typing this out, I want to be like the disciples of old, seeking to follow their Savior literally, step by step, and also in character.

Also, this week, we taught some more Islamic people, and two in specific were strictly against the doctrine that Jesus Christ IS the Son of God. I feel the best way to handle those kind of situations, which I failed to do is to testify that you do know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, the Only Begotten Son of God, and move on. It's real tough to talk it through with them, and frankly, I don't know if it would change how they think. But I know that when we testify, the Spirit is there, and I know that the Spirit is what changes hearts, definitely not our limited knowledge. This week was great, because we were even more focused on the Savior than normal. I got to think about the fact that Jesus Christ actually was born the Son of God, the Only Begotten of the Father. Before in my life, this fact wasn't disputed. But this week, I talked to people who were sure that God can not be the Father of us all, and surely He can not be the actual physical Father of Jesus Christ. However, I am a witness that Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten of Our Eternal Loving Father, and He lives today. He directs His church. He directs His missionaries, all His children when they allow Him. I have no doubt that He is my Savior, and that my salvation is possible, my peace is ensured only because of the merits of my Savior, Redeemer Jesus Christ.

Also, we met a sweet investigator this week! His name is Petrit Xhoka! We were taking pictures the other day after church, and he just walked in and asked about what kind of programs we have for children, and he said he wants to come one day. So we got his number, he came to church, and then we met with him on Thursday! He's grown up having faith in God, and he's read parts in the Bible, and he's read the Book of Mormon, and he's prayed plenty of times, and he's felt the spirit before in his life. It really seems like he's been prepared. So we taught him about the restoration, and the lesson was sweet. I really felt the Spirit strong. I'll let ya know what happens with him!

On Friday, I had an exchange, with another elder from England, Elder Miller! It was awesome! I learned a lot from him. One of the things I learned is that it's really important to testify throughout the lessons, rather than just at the end. That way the Spirit is there throughout the lesson, and can testify to the people we teach. It was in a lesson with Adriatik "Tiku" Lisha that I learned this. Adriatik is 24, and we met him one day when we were searching for a place to play volleyball! Haha, we weren't even doing street contacting, but Elder Jaunay just said hi to him and we talked and got his number! Now he has a baptismal date, and is progressing! He can't come to church right now, because of work, but he has read at least one time from the Book of Mormon on his own at home. He also has told us that he wants to meet with us so that he can find the right path for his life. WOOT. He's sweet. He even came to the Christmas activity! That Christmas activity was awesome! We had members from several wards and branches in Albania, and it was great! We had some nonmembers, less actives, and we got the numbers for some nonmembers that we're planning to meet this week!

So today, was a full P-day! We went to this really small city called Shetaj that is north of Durres! It was about a 1-hour drive, and it was just SO beautiful. I almost can't believe this is my mission. I saw the Adriatic Sea, a castle that was around the time of Skenderbeu, an old Catholic church, a beautiful cliff and beach, and AUGH! It was just too beautiful. I am so privileged that I get to serve here. :)

I love you all so much! I know that we are an Eternal Family. We are so, so blessed. I know Jesus Christ lives. He is my Leader :) Love you all!

Elder Schneider

P.S. Don't forget to incorporate some of the ideas from the Light the World challenge into your lives! I know that you will come closer yourself to the Savior, and help others do the same! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment