Saturday, April 8, 2017

Unë pashë një shtyllë drite...

Hey! This week rocked. You may have noticed that it is Wednesday... That's because yesterday was Tuesday, and the before yesterday, we had a mission conference with Elder Moreira from the Area Seventy! So our P-day is today! But anyways, the conference was sweet. I don't have a whole lot of time today, but I wanted to share our experience tracting yesterday. It was raining, so we decided to go visit one of our buddies that we taught, but he wasn't home, so we started tracting, and after a few doors, Elder Wilson is like, "We gotta get on the same page." He was right. Tracting has always been a little bit awkward for me, but we decided that we would share a 3-5 minute version of the Restoration at each doorstep. We saw it in a video at our mission conference, and it was powerful and clear, and brief, and awesome! The following is what I sent to my mission President today: When we watched that small video of the 2 returned missionaries teaching the Restoration in under 4 minutes, both Elder Wilson and I were touched. We decided to try that out yesterday as we were tracting. It was amazing. Unlike my past experience with tracting, I really felt the Spirit strong, especially as we shared the First Vision. This had a visible impact on our work as well. From about a 1 and a half hour session of tracting, we received 5 numbers and address from the people we contacted as we were tracting. Not only did we help people to understand the importance of our message, but Elder Wilson and I were ecstatic, and excited and almost giddy, because we were feeling the Spirit so much as we were sharing. That was the best block of tracting that I had ever done, and one of the most enjoyable sessions of contacting that I had ever done. It was incredible to see the difference that sharing the message of the Restoration has on people when we share it clearly, briefly, sincerely, and powerfully. I know it's true. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet. I know we have an incredible life-changing message. 
I love you, President! I love this work, and I love my Savior. I testify that He is a real. That in a way that I don't understand, He has taken our sins upon Him and made it possible that we can have joy. I love Him, and I love that we can know each other in this work.

Those things are true! I loved it yesterday! Also, Fation is going to wait a little bit to be baptized, which means I probably won't see him be baptized, because I'll probably be transfered next week, but that's alright! It ain't about me! :) I love this work! It's moving along here in Durres! I love you all as well! I testify that the Savior lives and that He directs this church! 
Elder Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment