Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September 5

Përshendetjë family! What's up!? Today is pretty chill. The temple is closed so today is extra chill. The Albanian is coming really well! On Saturday, we did consecration day, which is where we only speak Albanian for the whole day, and it was pretty hard. I actually really only ended up doing it until about the middle of the day. It's pretty hard sometimes, because I can't really express myself all the way yet, but it's good. I can't complain, because I have learned SO MUCH here in only 6 weeks. It is incredible. Yesterday, we met Elder Benson's girlfriend on our temple walk (Elder Benson stayed away so that he wouldn't be distracted, and it wouldn't be weird for him), and we were speaking Albanian too her, and I just realized that I have learned so much here, and the Lord has totally given me the gift of tongues. Remember when Aunt Linda was talking to me about the Gift of Tongues on the phone on the way down? Well she was right! I love this language, and I think it is so cool that I am learning this language. :)

Oh so guess what! My Branch President occasionally goes up to Idaho for stuff, and I told him he could stop by our house if he ever goes by Idaho Falls! His email is jlallenhome@hotmail.com  He is super cool! Would that be alright? I'm gonna send him Mom and Dad's numbers and emails so he can contact you if he needs to.

Also, I'm gonna be writing some letters today. I think I'll write for each of you, but I'll wait until I write them all so I can send them all together! It might be next week or the week after until you get them, because we only write letters on P-day. But i'll send Grandma one probably this week. I know this is gonna sound super weird, but I want to write a letter to Kat! Back when I was home, I used to get impressions that I should set up the missionary lessons with Kat, and I was so close to doing it, and then I didn't!!! Augh! And it's tearing me up inside a little bit. So I wanted to write her a letter, and bear my testimony, and maybe something good will come of it. It would be ideal for her to take them with Eli, cuz they're buddies, and that would encourage Eli to go on a mission, I bet, too! So I'm gonna write her a letter, but I don't know her address, so do you think one of you could text Eli to text Kat to find out her address? Otherwise I'll just send it home again, and leave it for someone to take care of, I guess! Haha!

Oh hey, I just uploaded some photos to flickr with some captions! You should check 'em out! Also, Thanks for your Dear Elders! Those are just the best! That really do brighten my day! Conrad, thank you for your letter as well! There was a part in their that was inspired, because I had studied something that day that was similar to that, so thank you so much, because it really did help me, and I love just hearing about how things are going! It's so cool that Mom has class with an Albanian! That is sweet! She should contact the MTC to see if she can help out with TRC, because as you can imagine, Albanian speakers are pretty sparse here.

Wanna hear something funny? There is this real weird elder here, and we're pretty sure he's actually a ghost. We believe that he haunts the MTC, and that every Elder that goes through the MTC knows him. He's a real weird Elder. In fact one time, he tied a handtowel to his front with a belt, and covered his parts, and was doing pull-ups on a pull-up bar, which is RIGHT outside our door. It was rather "shocking" (Patrick voice). But I guess that's just what ghosts do, ya know? Also, it's bat season. Like the animal. They had to move all the sisters out of their residency into a new building, because they are having a problem with bats in the MTC! What!? Yeah, so that's weird.

Before I finish, I want you to know, Bros, that I miss you a lot. I watched the Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration movie yesterday, and the part where Alvin, Hyrum, and Joseph are hanging out together made me miss ya and made me excited to hang out for eternity :) Also, I bore my testimony about the Book of Mormon yesterday. I had this thought earlier this week that the Book of Mormon is so true. I thought that it is so cool that we know that the Book of Mormon is a record that was engraven by prophets of old upon golden plates. And then, by the power of God, not by the power of man, but by the power of God, the Book of Mormon was translated. How awesome is it to know that the Book of Mormon literally contains the words of God? It makes me so happy to read it, and share it with investigators, because I know that it is the greatest tool in the conversion of investigators. I know it will help them come closer to Jesus Christ, because they are his words, and they are translated correctly, perfectly. It is so cool. My testimony of the Book of Mormon has grown so much since I've been here. And I also think my love for you all has grown more since i've been here. I love ya, and I'm so excited to go out in the field :)

Also, Jessie, I got your letter! Thank you so much! I love you, and will be writing you soon! Momma, and Dadda, I love you too, and thank you for chatting with me today :) 

Ju dua!
-Elder Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment