Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September 19

Oh my goodness, I don't know if I can convey to you all how I excited I am to go to Shqipëri!!! So there's a lot to get through and a lot of important information for this email! I might have some more in my next email, but I'll try to get it all taken care off today!

So we got our official flight plans, and departure date. I depart from the MTC on September 27th at 3:50 a.m. I then go to the Salt Lake Airport. I leave from Salt Lake at 8:40 a.m. and fly to Chicago and should arrive at around 1:00. I don't know if that is Chicago time, or Utah time, but that's what it says on the flight plans. Then I leave Chicago at 4:30 p.m., and fly to Vienna, Austria, and we're scheduled to arrive there at about 8:35 a.m. on September 28th (again, I'm not sure about time zone changes and whatnot). Then at 12:45 p.m. in Vienna, we fly to Tirana and are scheduled to arrive at 2:20 p.m. Whew! 

Also, Idk if you knew this already, but we get to call you when we are in the airport! Yay! So once I get to Salt lake, I will try to call you there. Which I'm guessing will be around 6 a.m. ish or something. Does that sound right to you? If I leave the MTC around 4 a.m., then travel to Salt Lake, and get through security and everything, I will probably have time at about 6 a.m. Also, I'm not exactly sure how phone cards work here, but you gotta be sure to answer and be ready when I call, becuase I only have a limited amount of tries to call and a limited amount of time to talk.

Also, I could call in the Chicago Airport! That might be sometime from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., but I don't know because of time changes and stuff. Jessie, I will for sure call you! The rest of the family, if you can try to have work off or somehow be ready to talk on the 27th that would be super cool! I think I will call Dad's phone first, and then if that doesn't work, Mom's and then Conrad's and then if nobody is answering, I'll call Dan! Oh, and Gehrig, if you want to hang out with my family that day, I think I can talk to you too! I'm not exactly sure on what the rule is with calling non-family, because I've heard both answers. 

Basically, if ya'll can just be ready to talk that day, that would be super rad! I have one more P-day before I go, so I will try to figure out when exactly I will be calling, and I can let you know next week. But yeah, just a heads up, that's generally when I'll be calling!

As for what I need before I leave, I could probably use some more deodorant, since they don't have that over there. Could you send like 8-10 or so or something? I think right now I have around 5 or something. Also, will you send me my dark pair of jeans? I only brought one, and I think it would be nice to have a little bit of variety.  Right now, socks, Pjs, pants, shoes, ties, belts, shirts and stuff are all good! Maybe I could have some more sensitive toothpaste too? My teeth have been a little sensitive lately, but that sensitive toothpaste helps a lot! Also, if I could get a good amount of soft toothbrushes, that would rock. Also, maybe some more loofas! Those things wear out quick. Anyways, I think that's pretty much all good! 

Ok, so guess what! We got our Albanian tags this week!!!! Our last name is spelled "Shnajdër" but it's pronounced normally! They change it because if the Shqiptar (Albanians) tried to pronounce our name, it would be just a train wreck. Haha, so let's see, I'll go through the family and spell it in Albanian. Dejllë (Dale), Lija (Leah), Xhesëka (Jessica), Kanrad (which would be pronounced more like "Con-rawd", because they don't really have an "a" sound like in "Conrad.") Danjëllë (Daniel), Gerëg (Gehrig), Kejsi (Casey), Llorën (Lauren), Klerë (Claire), Amën (Ammon). Haha your names look so cool! 

Daniel, how are you liking school!? What teachers do you have? And what's your schedule? And who is your seminary teacher!? Ah, I love Seminary. How is Stuco? Hehe... Dude, your E-mail last week has stuck with me. Especially the part about where you said to not think about how much I miss you, and to remember about how sad the people would be if they didn't get to live with their families forever. In fact, I even told my companion about what you said. I also printed out your email and I haven't next to my bed in my apartment. Yeah, I definitely learn from your example. In fact, I'm pretty sure you were guided by the Spirit to write what you wrote, because I reflected on it a couple times, and it helped me out this week a lot. So thank you for being worthy so that the Spirit could work through you to help me in preparing to go out into the field! You rock, Dan. Oh, and don't email when you're in class! It's important to be obedient! :) But if you're at lunch, or are allowed to email when you're at the computers, go for it :) Also, from that picture two weeks that Dad sent of you and conrad eating breakfast, my district thought you looked like you were 30! Haha! That made me laugh real hard.

Conrad, do you know Andrew or Connor Folkman? There's an elder here going to Korea, and his brothers go to BYU-I and he is SO funny and SO cool!!! Also, I hear Sephra is working at GH! That's so cool! So brother, I need some brotherly counsel. Also, now being a missionary, I am way more interested in hearing yours and Dad's missionary stories! I want to hear about your baptisms, and about what teaching was like in Africa, and what contacting and finding people was like, because now I have a little bit more of a reference than before! Also, how did you learn Swahili out in the field? That is crazy. And how often did you teach in Swahili? Also, I would love to hear what your first couple days were like in the field also! Any and all stories are appreciated. Also, I really would love to get some family history stories. Just whatever you can get your hands on, I would love it! Because I can print out emails here, and then I could keep them with me! :) I love you so much brother.

Jessie, Oh my goodness. You amaze me, Sister. I can't believe you're able to do everything you do. Are you saving time for yourself too? You make me a little worried, Xhes!! I know you have such a capacity to serve others, and that you can do so much good in serving others with this calling you have. Thanks for sending those pictures and stuff too! Those were stinking the coolest. Haha as for your pet situation, më vjen keq (to me it comes badly -or- I'm sorry for you) for Donkey. I think you told me how you named him! Haha, what about a dog? Can you not have a dog in your house? I like snakes. I think that would be pretty cool! You should name your snake "Indy" after Indiana Jones! And thank you for sending me the letters you have so far! You're like the busiest person I know though, so if you don't have time, I understand, I promise! I'm praying for ya, motra ime! I love you, and miss you! 

Mom, I will totally write to your friend in your class next week! I ran out of time today, and I saved your part to write last, so I'm pretty out of time! Thank you for your Dear Elders! They made me smile very big :) And I hope you know I pray for you each night as well. You make me proud to be your son, Momma. :)

Dad, The Captain Moroni advice you gave me was actually just to not be a Nazi, but maybe a Capt. Moroni. What I took from that is that Captain Moroni loved his people so much, but he loved the Lord more, and was sure to have the Lord be able to trust Moroni. I guess what you said wasn't a lot, but it helped me to ponder and understand better what I should do and how I should be as a leader. So thanks Dad! :)  I'm so sorry to hear about Gene Current. I know that he was like a father for you, and I can feel your deep, and enduring gratitude and love for him. I don't know where our family would be without Gene. I agree, that he must be tearing it up in the Spirit World right now with missionary work. It is interesting that this happened this week, because I just got back from the temple where I did Initiatories and Sealings. It was my first time doing sealings, and it was such an incredibly beautiful experience. I was able to be a witness and act as a son for several families. As I was participating in the ordinances, the veil felt so thin at some points, and I know that the spirits of those for whom I was helping with the sealing were there. It has helped me to understand that life, family, friendship, and love extends far beyond this life. I know that there is life after this one. What a beauty it is to know that, and then to be blessed to be a Priesthood man in this family. And then what a blessing it is also to be able to bring this gospel to the people, even God's children in Albania to be united with their families in the Celestial Kingdom forever and ever. 

I love this gospel. I also love my mission already, and am so ready to go and preach the word. I want to work so hard, and I just want to give it my all, because I know that as I work, I will only gain a greater love and desire to keep working super hard and teach and bring people into this fold.

I love you all! One more week! Woot!! 
-Elder Shnajdër

No comments:

Post a Comment