Tuesday, September 27, 2016

August 22



Familjet!!! Ju dua! The language is coming more and more! It is such a beautiful language. There are some gospel terms that are just the stinkin' coolest. And the lyrics for the hymns are especially beautiful. For example, the term for "real intent" is "qëllim i vërtetë." Qëllim can mean "purpose" or "goal," and vërtetë means "true" or "real." So qëllim i vërtetë is cool because it can mean "true purpose" or maybe "purpose of truth", which is sweet, because when you pray with real intent, you purpose is to obtain truth! It's so cool! Sometimes, I get a little bit sick of the language, but it really is beautiful!So the Nashville Tribute Band played here yesterday for our devotional and it rocked! They are an all LDS country/gospel band. They even all have temple recommends! And one of their keyboarders also plays/played for Diamond Rio!! They were stinking good live, and it felt super nice to listen to some normal music. I've discovered that I do like some country music! It might be just because I've listened to nothing but hymns and stuff for a while, but I do like them! Conrad, I'm pretty positive you'll like them! Daniel and Jessie might... And Mom and Dad, look up the song "The hardest thing I've ever loved to do." Mom, you'll cry a lot, and Dad, it will probably make you miss your mission! They're good. We sang in the choir for the songs "When He Comes Again", "I Was Born", and "John's Song." Conrad, look up John's song first, cuz it's got a sweet piano riff intro that I bet you'll really like. Anyways, they're super good! Dan, there was this song about Hyrum Smith, Joseph's older brother, and the leader of the band was talking about how Hyrum had to have a lot of faith in Joseph, his younger brother, and it made me think about how much I love yeah. It also made me think about how I have such a firm belief that you are going to be so influential and such an amazing stalwart man with such a strong testimony. I already learn from you so much. You made me laugh out loud and smile when you said that you bleeped out a swear word in that song! Keep it up, man! A lot of people will excuse things like swear words and inappropriately dressed girls and things like that, but don't stop bleeping out swear words, and covering your eyes and screaming whenever something inappropriate comes up! And if people make fun of you, just chop 'em in the neck!
So guess what! On like Tuesday, in the afternoon, I started not feeling so well, and then on Friday, i still wasn't feeling better and I woke up a few times in the night before Friday, and so I go to the doctor, and guess what! PINK EYE! Tartar sauce. So i got some eye drops, and I'm almost better now, but I also got an x-ray of my chest, because I've been coughing a lot lately, and I've had a cough on and off since like the middle of June. I'm feeling pretty well today, so that's good! I'll let ya know what I hear from the clinic! Also, Momma, are their decongestants in my first aid kit? I've been using the ibuprofen, and cough drops, which has been so nice! Mom, thank you so much for that first aid kit. I was so happy that I had things to help me feel not like a sick person when I was feeling janky! Thank you, Momma, I really appreciate it. Could you send me some more cough drops, ibuprofen, and decongestants? Also, could you send a loaf of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip and Cinnamon Burst with the next package? No rush on the package whatsoever, but I just told my district that GH makes awesome bread, and I want to share some with them!
So now onto the individual part:
Cat horse fish dog weasel poodle,

Thank you for your advice about Leadership. What you and Conrad advised were both exactly applicable to my assignment as zone leader. I've been seeking to be the best zone leader I can be, and now with your advice, I think I can be closer to being that. Also, do you remember before I left when we were talking about the fall of Adam, and I had a question that we were trying to answer? Well I gained some more understanding about it while studying last week. Before, I didn't really understand how God commanded Adam and Eve to multiply and replenish the earth, but at the same time commanded them not to eat of the forbidden fruit. Is it true that Adam and Eve knew how to multiply and replenish the Earth? Because if so, it all makes sense. 1 Nephi 3:7 says that God gives no commands unless he gives a way for His children to accomplish them, so that has to be true, right? That totally makes sense. Does that all make sense to you? I hope so. What are your thoughts about that?
Mommy Moomoo,
I got the package! Thank you so much! I haven't eaten any of it yet, because I've been sick, but as soon as I get better you can bet there's gonna be some munchin' goin down in room 425!! Also, thanks for your little note, Dan! I love you too! Momma, it feels like I've been gone forever too, kind of! Time is weird at the MTC. I'm so excited for you to be back in school! I hope you feel better in your foot! That really stinks! I miss you Momma, and i really missed you when i listened to that song i told you to look up! You'll cry for sure, i bet :) Also, I don't think anybody here has a current hymnbook. Some people have the old ones. My companion's mom is printing off the entire hymn book PDF online, which you could do, but it's like 300 pages so it will be expensive. You might be able to do at it Staples though. I'm fine if that doesn't work out, because that's a lot of work!
Jessie,
Thank you so much for your package and the slippers and the letters you gave me!!! I was reading the one that said "Open me first!" and I started crying! That one was so sweet and so sad! At first, I was thinking, "Crud, my elder friends are going to see me crying!" but then I remembered I had pink eye, so it probably just looked normal! Ha! But yes, I got the package, and thank you so much for it! I want you to know that I am not offended whatsoever that you took your trip to Nepal, because I know you grew so much, and had the time of your life! I love you so much Jessie, and my love for you and for the entire family is only growing :) I am saving some of the letters to read later :) that is so sweet about your Zumba instructor friend! I hope she stays interested in the church! I'm so happy you got to go to Nepal, because it even seems from just over email that you have grown in your testimony and your ability to share the gospel! The Lord does answer prayers. Let me know what happens! I'm short on time, so ask Mom for the MTC address. She should know it.
Conrad,
No worries about the no email thing! I understand that it is hard to remember! Also, way to go with Heather! I want to know more about her! What dates have you gone on so far? Also, thank you very much for your advice for leadership. I wrote both your advice and Dad's down, so thank you.
Dan,
I kind of already did yours earlier when I was talking about Hyrum Smith and stuff, but I still love you!
I love you all very much! I will try to put pictures up on Flickr real quick, but I have class in 9 minutes! Love ya!
- Elder Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment