Tuesday, December 6, 2016

November 14 Biskota!

Ç'bëni familja!
I don't have a lot of time today, but this week was a great one! I finally was able to make cookies this week after I found brown sugar finally, and the members so far have liked them! Also, by the way, this week I had Byrek with apple inside, and it was stinking good. I played that Piano yesterday in church, kind of unexpectedly, and whew! It was fun! It could've gone a little bit better, but it felt so good to play the piano again! Daniel, don't stop practicing. 

We had a super cool zone training on Friday, and Elder Jaunay and I both learned a lot and we're looking forward to using everything we learned to help establish the church here! We plan on working a lot with less actives and members to encourage people to come to church and do their missionary work, and bring friends to church. We had some awesome meals here this last week! The food here is incredible, and the members are so nice! Some of the old ladies here are so hilarious! Elder Jaunay has a really good relationship with the members here, especially this one family, The Pina Family, and the mom is so funny! Dinners here are so much fun! Haha also, we went tracting one night, and we knocked on this door, and this old lady opened it, and after talking a little bit, she gave us cookies, and she was calling us, "zemër" which means "heart." Haha it was sweet! And i think she even like kissed us on the cheek also! Haha! 

Aight! So for our investigators. Elona, the wife of Festim is golden. She's got a solid support system, (Festim, who is a recent convert himself), she reads the Book of Mormon, and she's having a baby in three months! She's incredible. As long as we can figure out her work problem, I think she'll be baptized on the 3rd of December.
Then there is Aden, who is that boy in my pictures, and he is super smart! He remembers and understands the gospel really well. He's only 13, but I feel like he really is special. He always does that thing where you stick out your hand to shake hands, and then you pull it away really fast and like slick back your hair, and he gets me like every time! Gah! He's awesome though. and really funny with his english!
Armand, who was super cool a couple weeks ago has kind of disappeared. He won't answer our calls, and we don't know what happened, but we're praying that we'll be able to meet with him!

Haha, so I uploaded a video where Elder Jaunay is beatboxing, and there is another kid that's saying "macë!" Haha! I had to get a video, because now that kid saying that is like a joke between our district. "Macë" means "cat," and we don't know why he says it, but one time, we were just messing around at Sindi's and Celeste's house, and being silly, and beat boxing, and he's like "Mace, mace, mace!" Hahahaaha! I love watching people here being so entertained at little things like beatboxing and stuff like that!

I read a really cool scripture this morning in 2 Nephi 2:3:
Wherefore, I know that thou art redeemed, because of the righteousness of thy Redeemer; for thou hast beheld that in the fulness of time he cometh to bring salvation unto men.

I liked it because it shows that the Savior has agency. It was possible for Him to sin, he just didn't! He is the perfect example, and while not making any mistake in His life, he took upon Himself all our sufferings however big or small, in order to prepare a way for us to return to live with Him. I love the Savior. I know that the power of prayer is real, and I know that He will help us when we seek Him :)

I love you all! I pray for you every day :) Please keep sending pictures! I love getting pictures!
Elder Shnajdër

No comments:

Post a Comment